Betty believes that everyone is sexy, and everyone has something important to express. This philosophy informs every project that she embarks upon, including all of the Everyday Bombshell™ Programs:
* In March, 2004, Betty started teaching her wildly popular Burlesquercise® dance classes and is now a premier US burlesque instructor, her student list numbering in the thousands for her classes and workshops.
* Betty started offering Bombshell Betty® Pin-up Workshops in 2005, which include a retro styling makeover and lesson, a posing lesson to help attendees learn to be photogenic, plus a photo shoot. In April 2007, Betty launched her “Luxury Edition Pin-up Workshop Tour”, bringing the Pin-up Workshops to luxury hotels across the US, including such cities as NYC, LA, Philadelphia, San Diego, Boston, Chicago, Seattle, Orlando, and many more. Bombshell Betty continues to offer private and small group photo shoots at luxurious locations around San Francisco and across the US.
Many performers in both the US and international burlesque scenes got their start through Bombshell Betty’s classes, and established performers from around the world also take the classes to learn new moves and polish up their stage presentation.
Bombshell Betty co-produces a student showcase burlesque show every month at the Elbo Room in the San Francisco, as well as working on other new and unusual burlesque and pinup related projects.
* She released the “Intro to Burlesquercise!” DVD in December 2006 and “Plain Jane to Pinup Queen: Pinup Modeling Workshop in a Book” in October 2008, both of which have sold on 5 continents.
* In December 2012, she released the Posing Perfection video course, which covers her posing training from her acclaimed Pinup Workshops, and more!
* To help those who can’t attend burlesque classes or who want to take their burlesque education further, Betty has released 5 FREE burlesque training videos (2 in Lesson One and 3 in Lesson Two), and in July 2015 she simultaneously launched Tease! Bang! Boom!, an online burlesque training magazine covering both the art and the business sides of burlesque, and the Tease! Bang! Boom! Burlesque Mentoring Program.
In her “spare” time, Betty enjoys making her own costumes, playing with her parrots, and creating collage artwork using her pin-up photography. Betty always has something new up her sleeve (or *ahem* tucked into her garter), so stay tuned for more wild and wacky antics!
Burlesque has helped me realize who I am as a woman. It has helped me become stronger, more confident, and has given me a new lease on life.
Betty makes the moves accessible to anyone, regardless of experience or background. It could be your first time in a dance studio, or you could be a seasoned performer. The classes are molded to fit each and every performer.
Growing up, I was made to believe that pretty girls were no bigger than a size two. Burlesque has helped me realize that as long as I feel good, to hell with what anyone else thinks.
- Jolie Fatale